Share Your Story

Click here to share your story about drunk driving.

On July 17th, 2003 at 1 a.m. while working a vehicle accident, I was struck by a drunk driver. I lost everything I had. My wife left, as 1 year of watching me have seizures and not get better was too much for her. More

Drunk Driving News

Drunk Driving Fatalities Drop to Lowest Rate since 1950

The U.S. Department of Transportation recently announced that U.S. fatalities due to drunk driving fell to a record low number in 2009, declining by 7.4% from 2008, with a 19% decrease since 2000. This represents the lowest number since 1950. More

Drug and Alcohol Courts: An Effective Alternative to Jail

Drug courts were developed in the 1980's in an effort to stop the abuse of alcohol and other drugs, and to reduce the criminal activity that typically accompanies these behaviors. More

More News

Hold Drunk Drivers Responsible


Washington State provides financial assistance for victims of crime.  Victims of drunk driving qualify for Crime Victim Compensation benefits if they suffered a bodily injury or severe emotional distress resulting from a “vehicular crime.”  Virtually any accident involving a drunk driver qualifies as a vehicular crime.  The accident must have been reported to the police within one year and a claim must be filed for benefits within two years.

Applying for benefits from the Crime Victims Compensation fund does not prevent you from suing the at-fault driver or any other entity that may be responsible including the State of Washington.  However, Crime Victims Compensation is a payer of last resort.  What that means is that if you have health insurance, or either the at-fault driver OR you have car insurance, that insurance money must be exhausted before you begin receiving Crime Victims Compensation Fund money.  If you have car insurance or you believe the drunk driver had car insurance, call us and we can help you recover any insurance money and make you eligible to receive Crime Victims benefits.  

The Crime Victims Fund is run by the Department of Labor and Industries, and claims are handled in the same way as workplace injury claims, with a few important exceptions.  First, to apply for benefits, fill out the application available here:

Once this form is complete, mail it to:

Crime Victims
PO Box 44520
Olympia, WA 98504-4520

or the form can be faxed to:


If you have questions about completing the application form, don’t hesitate to call our office at 800-925-1875. 

The amount of coverage you qualify for will be determined by the Department of Labor and Industries, based on your injuries and number of children your support.  Call us and we can help walk you through what benefits are available through this program.

(800) 925-1875 (360) 714-0900

Contact Us Today!

Hello, my name is and I would like to speak with you about You can reach me by Thank you for your quick response.

Share Your Story With Us